Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Over 115 sick after drinking mango juice at Wedding

India,Ahmedabad ; In a suspected case of food poisoning was at least 115 people were admitted to different city hospitals after they complained of vomiting and loose motions after having food at a wedding celebration in Paldi area Tuesday night.
“Prima facie, it appeared to be a case of food poisoning caused by mango juice and sweet made of bottle-gourd and milk fat,” said AMC’s deputy health officer Dr Bhavin Solanki.

He also said 91 people were admitted to VS Hospital, and  19 to Hospitals of Infectious Diseases and 6 people in the LG hospital.

The municipal health service, meanwhile, has collected food samples and sealed in Ambika Dugdhalyaya Behrampura area, where you bought the mango juice served in the piece. Dr Solanki said that the samples were collected at the store in the area where Madhavpura bought milk fat.
V S Hospital’s resident medical officer Dr D S Chandana said condition of the patients was stable, except for a couple of them

Mayor Asit Vora and deputy municipal commissioner Dilip Mahajan visited the hospitals and took stock of the situation.

Meanwhile, the civic body continued its efforts against counterfeit sellers mango pulp in the city. Ministry of Health teams Tuesday destroyed 2548 gallons of mango pulp mango adulterated and 1430 kg. Administrative costs to the tune of Rs 31,000 were collected from errant suppliers, says Dr Solanki. In addition, 1,940 liters of mango shake seized during the day and 68 contractors were issued notices.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...