Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why Ra.One not G.One ? - Secrets revealed.


SRK
Throughout his career, he has been the larger than life hero who romanced his way to the hearts of millions. So becoming a superhero was the natural progression for King Khan who's already one for most of his fans. The actor who preferred to go 'plastic' rather than wearing a mask is all set to enter 
all the viewers with his latest offering RA.One, which will hit he theatres in October this year.

But we wonder why he's launched the promo 4-5 months in advance. SRK said, "It is every filmmaker's duty to inform the viewers in advance what the film is all about so that they can make an informed choice. In our country, very less superhero films are being made with the exception of Krrish and Drona. So I thought it would be a good idea to edit the trailer quickly first so that the viewers get the feel of the film. Also, it is the first film in India that uses a VFX technology."

RA.One not sci-fi but a father-son film
"Contrary to popular perception, RA.One is not a sci-fi film. I am close to this film because it is about a father and a son. In Bollywood, you rarely see a father-son movie, it's always a mom-son film. I also wanted to make a film, which the whole family can go and enjoy.  It should have action, comedy, dance, songs everything. We should feel proud that we have an Indian superhero now, though it's inspired by foreign superheroes over the years. "

Why Ra.One not G.One
"Alfred Hitchcock once said when the movie is about a hero, the villain's role should be stronger than him. Villains like Gabbar Singh, Mogambo, Joker, Gold finger, were all larger than life. In computer terminology, RA.One means random access version one but mythologically, we consider Raavan evil, so jo das avguno wala duniya mein sabse bura villain ho sakta hai wo Ra.One hai. Jeevan is a life giver and protector or 'the Good One'. My friends suggested I should name the film G.One, but I decided to go with RA.One. Also I didn't want to show the villain. Evil is something, which is faceless. "

No mask for SRK, but why?
"A girl who works for me told me she won't watch the movie if she doesn't get to see my face. I had to make the big decision. We had the mask design ready, but we decided to go without it. And we have this tagline also - all the superheroes wear a mask, but this one wears a heart. Afterall, I am a romantic hero."

Why blue eyes?
It is made of electricity. Electricity is associated with blue colour, so the eyes are blue, suit is blue and the belt is blue. We tried many shades of blue and we thought this one looks the nicest. We'll use a different colour for the bad guy.

No comparisons with Iron man
"India cannot make films of Iron man's caliber. When it comes to technology, I don't think we should compare ourselves, they are way ahead, their resources are much more. Perhaps, I have a certain amount of resources to take the film to a certain level, but don't have enough resources to take it to a different level. I was scared to see Iron man 2, as it looked quite similar to what we were planning to show in Ra.One. But believe me, we wrote this 5 years ago. If we start doing these kind of films, we will start a new genre.

It's better to go nude than wear the suit
"It was very difficult to put on that suit. The belt was heavy, so we changed it into plastic. I would never like to do it again. I lost about 6kg in 3 months. My family was in panic because I couldn't eat properly, or go to bathroom. You can't wear it on stretch, because it spoils your skin. It is better to be naked than wear that suit."

RA.One not eligible for Oscars
"I don't think it's our choice, a committee decides which film should go to Oscars. Paheli was chosen for Oscars, and I was shocked because I didn't expect it to, honestly. Sometimes people feel that popular cinema should go to Oscars, but I personally don't think RA.One would be chosen as India's entry. I would be happy if I get a few trophies like Filmfare".
I wish Ready team all the best
"I like the songs Character Dheela and Dhin Ka Chika. What I see is very nice and entertaining. Anees saab is a good friend and Asin is also there. I wish Ready team all the best."

SRK's face plastic in RA.One
"The whole face was 'plasticated'. Because it is a superhero character, there couldn't be wrinkles. But we manged to retain the dimples. So it's a much cleaner face. Hands are also clean because they are supposedly made of some other material."


source : WEB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

YourAdHere